Wi-Fi Network - 2.4GHz vs 5.0GHz
Monument Connects To 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
During setup, Monument needs to connect to your home network so that photos and videos can be backed up over Wi-Fi. Some routers have separate 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands and others combine them into a single channel. Before setup, please connect your device to your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network channel.
Note: Monument 1 cannot be setup using the 5.0GHz Wi-Fi channel.
Note: Your device can be connected back to its original Wi-Fi channel after setup is complete.
Using a computer, you can find out which Wi-Fi network is 2.4GHz.
1. For Mac:
- Hold down "Option" and click on the Wi-Fi icon on your desktop
- Then look at "Channel" and you will see it say "2.4 GHz" or "5.0 GHz"
- Connect your device to this Wi-Fi network
2. For PC:
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in your taskbar
- Then find your connected network and click on "Properties"
- Then scroll down to "Network Band"