Update Firmware - USB Flash Drive
Manually Update Firmware
To manually update to the latest firmware version, you will need a flash drive, computer, and access to internet. This step may need to be completed during setup if you do not have an HDMI cable or TV/Monitor to connect to.
Steps on Computer
- Connect a USB flash drive to your computer
- Format the flash drive (FAT32, NTFS, or exFAT)
- Download the firmware to your computer by clicking the link below
- Monument 1 Firmware
ℹ️ Monument 2 users: Please follow this page to update
⚠️ The firmware mentioned in this page is compatible for Monument 1 devices only.
Note: If there is a file extension at the end of the file name, such as ".txt", please delete all extra characters.
- Copy the downloaded file to the USB flash drive
Note: For Monument 1: The file name must be exactly monumentfw without any file extensions. For Monument 2: The file name must be exactly in the following format: monumentfw-XXXX-XXX.dat Do not change the extension or the file name.
- Eject the USB flash drive from your computer
Steps on Monument
- Unplug the power cable from Monument
- Unplug any connected hard drives
- Insert the USB flash drive into any USB port on Monument
- Reconnect the power cable
- Monument will start to update
- Leave the flash drive connected for 5 minutes
- If you have a monitor/TV connected, you can see the latest version in the lower left corner of the screen
- The LED will be flashing blue if setup still needs to be completed
- The LED will be white if setup was previously completed and you're just updating
- Remove the USB flash drive