Hard Drive Errors
When connecting a hard drive to Monument during setup, you may see one of the following error messages. If you're unable to find a solution to your issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard drives should have at least one partition. In rare cases, some hard drives do not have a partition and Monument is unable to recognize those drives.
- Unplug the hard drive from Monument
- Connect it to a computer and format the hard drive
- Eject the hard drive and connect it back to Monument
Suggested Article: Formatting Hard Drives
Capacity Too Low or Initialization Required
Hard drives must be 1GB or larger in size to use with Monument. Also, hard drives such as LaCie require initialization before they can be used.
Suggested Article: LaCie Initialization
- Connect a hard drive larger than 1GB in size
Too Many Registered Drives
Monument can only keep two drives in its memory ( Primary & Backup). Once two drives have been connected, even if they're currently disconnected, one of them must be forgotten for a new drive to be recognized.
- Open the Monument app
- Settings > Hard Drives
- Forget the drive you're trying to replace
- Connect your new hard drive